Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Freelance Production Assistant, Radio
We are looking for a talented production assistant to join our Fox News Radio team. You will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
Schedule varies depending on news; candidate must be able to work flexible shifts including overnights, weekends and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Select and edit audio clips in a fast- paced environment
• Write scripts to accompany audio clips
• Edit and process correspondent reports for timing purposes
• Work with editors
• Conduct interviews for radio segments
• Work with anchors to load audio into hourly rundowns
• Coordinate reporter booking times for affiliate stations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Prior internship experience in radio, television or online journalism
• Understanding of the technical and editorial functions of radio and multi-media production
• Demonstrated knowledge of current events
• Good communication skills and a positive attitude
NICE TO HAVES
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications
• Basic knowledge of iNews, ENCO and Adobe Audition
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.