Production Assistant, Media Desk
New York, NY
We are looking for a highly organized Production/Administrative Assistant to support our National Desk and Media Desk. As the Production/Administrative Assistant, you will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. Your positive attitude and detail oriented nature will allow you to keep up with every change in a fast paced news environment. This is an amazing opportunity for someone interested in getting an immersive view of the news industry.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide dual administrative support to the SVP of Media & Archives as well as the VP of News Coverage
• Gather video and editorial information for breaking news
• Organize and schedule meetings for the National Desk, Media Desk, and Media Production Group
• Write daily and weekly newsgathering/planning notes
• Organize and update videos of special event coverage
• Attach editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
• Transcribe important speeches as it pertains to breaking news situations.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Experience with multi-tasking several projects
• Previous experience in a live newsroom environment
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications
• Knowledge of iNews and Dalet Galaxy
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.