New York, NY
Freelance Production Assistant, Media Desk
We are looking for a talented production assistant to join our Media Desk . You will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
*Please note there is an opportunity for this role to lead into a full-time staff position with company benefits.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attach editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
• Provide shot-by-shot logs for video specifically selected for permanent archive.
• Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system.
• Transcribe important speeches as it pertains to breaking news situations.
• Monitor quality control standards with correct video and levels
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications is preferred
• Knowledge of iNews and Dalet Galaxy is a plus
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Experience with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.