Production Assistant, Media Desk
New York, NY
Digital Production Assistant, Flash (NYC or REMOTE)
We are looking for a motivated Digital Production Assistant, Flash to be a part of a groundbreaking online news-team for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. As a Digital Production Assistant, Flash, you can handle a fast-paced environment and are creative, flexible and have a ''can-do'' attitude. You are willing to learn, enjoy collaborating with a team and are eager to advance within the company.
You may be assigned one of the following shifts: Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat: 6 am-2 pm (ET) or 2 pm-10 pm (ET)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cut video from Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network shows for use in articles or the homepages of FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com
• Monitor Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network programming for compelling newsmakers/segments that can be featured on FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com
• Multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meeting deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum 1-2 years online news experience either writing or producing
• Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
• Experience multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment and knowledge of current events
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment
• Ability to work some holidays and adhere to shift changes
• A team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
NICE TO HAVE
• A Bachelors degree
• Knowledge of CMS, Photoshop & video editing systems
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.