Senior Manager, HR - Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
FOX Entertainment is seeking a Director, Human Resources to oversee the alignment of HR strategy with business objectives across designated client business units, and acts as a trusted advisor to clients at all levels, including senior management, providing guidance, constructive feedback and strategic solutions. Additional responsibilities include delivering efficient HR services including interpreting and applying HR policies; contract negotiations; performance management; organizational and management development; employee relations; employee coaching; headcount/budget analysis.
A Snapshot of Responsibilities
• Partner with business unit management to align HR strategy to business objectives; coach, counsel and provide strategic solutions for all client issues; support staff development and employee management; handle employee relations situations and performance management; interpret and apply HR policies; and oversee HR procedures, including providing supervision and guidance to department HR Coordinator.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of the employee life-cycle, including recruitment, onboarding, promotions, job changes, leaves of absence, relocations, immigration issues, terminations, and the exit process.
• Partner with client group and Compensation on annual bonus and salary planning processes; salary recommendations for new hires, promotions and equity adjustments; and usage of X-Award spot bonus program to reward strong performers.
• Partner with Organizational Development & Training to analyze needs of business unit, including identifying training needs for the group as well as individual executive coaching needs.
• Provide guidance and support to management on re-orgs/restructures and acquisitions.
• Manage annual performance review process, including reviewing all performance reviews and counseling management on effective ways to evaluate and communicate job performance to employee.
• Partner with client group and Legal as needed on hiring Independent Contractors and freelancers, including reviewing and determining proper classification.
• Partner with client group and Finance on headcount, budgets, restructures, freelance and temp costs, and strategic planning of new business growth.
• Handle special projects as needed.
What You Will Need
• Bachelor Degree in Business Admin or HR certification a plus.
• Seeking 7+ years HR experience including experience in a supervisory/manager role. Entertainment experience a plus
• Comprehensive knowledge of HR practices, policies and California employment law
• TV Production Experience strongly preferred
• Experience with unions a plus
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and verbal required.
• Critical problem solving skills required. Must be a strategic thinker who effectively communicates point of view.
• Comprehensive budget knowledge
• Familiarity with HR systems (e.g. Workday) and proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio
• Skilled at establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and HR teams
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9ze6-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.