FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC
FOX Business Network is looking for a talented Production Assistant to join The Evening Edit. As the Production Assistant, you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and can complete tasks with minimal errors. If you have a passion for business news or economics and are looking for a role to kick-start your career, this is a great opportunity to learn the ropes and grow within the company.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist producers with elements for the opens, resets, teases, and segments, including pulling and cutting VO/SOTS; selecting, buying photos and making pic pushes; creating graphics
• Coordinate reporter hits and produce highlight reels
• Help manage and oversee graphic elements during the show ranging from banners to stock charts in the control room during the live broadcast
• Pitch stories for news of the day and future segments
• Book guests during breaking news situations
• Learn to conduct pre-interviews, research topics and produce segments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Passion for business news or economics
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Provide solid news judgment, especially during breaking news
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
#EntryLevel #EarlyCareer #LI-DNI
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $19.48-25.00 per hour for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb9v1x-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.