Desk Assistant, Assignment Desk
New York, NY
We are looking for a Production Assistant for FBN: AM, the signature kick-off morning show on the top rated business network in America. The sky is the limit for a quick learner in this fast-paced and competitive industry. You will be an essential team member as you work in various behind-the-scenes areas of the show. You are someone who is innovative, quick on their feet and has excellent news judgment. You are skilled at prioritizing and multitasking various assignments on tight deadlines.
Schedule will vary depending on news; candidate must be able to work flexible shifts.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cut video and sound and produce graphics under tight deadlines
• Interact with high profile talent and book industry-leading guest contributors
• Pitch story ideas and commit to seeing them through from start to finish
• Produce guest segments and reporter hits while coordinating with studio and field crews
• Produce and coordinate content for social media platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• BA in Communications or Journalism is preferred
• Great communication skills and a positive attitude
• Strong digital and social media skills
• Experience with cutting video using Dalet
• 1-2 years of live television experience is a plus
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.