FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC
We are looking for a confident, highly motivated, proactive Booker/Researcher to join our team. As a Booker/Researcher for Kudlow on FOX Business, you will be responsible for pitching stories, writing scripts, and selecting/building elements in a collaborative team environment. You are well versed in business news, politics, and current events - and innately curious about everything else. You are a clever writer & excellent researcher who sees value in discovering unique angles/approaches to stories that no one else will find.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch unique and interesting guests, stories, and segments
• Conduct in-depth research and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
• Write stories, guest intros, teases, and banners
• Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
• Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-3 years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of business news, politics, and current events; familiarity with politicians, commentators, and opinion-makers
• Ability to work collaboratively with others under intense deadline pressure
• Ability to work independently and make smart decisions on your own
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j38z-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.