WAVY-TV10 and WVBT FOX43 in the Norfolk, VA, market seeks a winning attitude and a desire to succeed.
Responsibilities include managing public agency business, new business generation, client relationship building, proposal preparation and presentation to a diverse customer base. The position requires excellent communication, customer service, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be a people person who is responsible for developing large-scale new business clients and growing digital revenue! The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 years of business-to-business sales experience. Bachelor's degree preferred with an emphasis in Business/Marketing or Communications.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify, develop, and expand existing and new client relationships & key accounts.
• Maintain close communications at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, weekly projections & forecasting of future advertising.
• Conduct research on target markets and trends and adjusts sales strategy accordingly.
• Ensure clear understanding and interpretation of client needs, and recommend appropriate solutions, to meet requirements.
• Develop short- and long-range plans for revenue growth.
• Negotiate advertising rates, create oral & written presentations; generate packages.
• Monitor accounts receivables.
• Research, analyze and monitor competitive media for new leads.
• Knowledge of online/digital and interactive advertising tools in order to advise advertisers and peer advertising sales representatives on the effective use of online/digital and interactive advertisements. Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Strong oral, problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy, and show attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings is helpful.
To be considered for this job you must apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar.
No calls. Pre-employment background & DMV check.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1522x-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.