At ESPN, you'll be part of a leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment brand featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets. You will work alongside the best, chart your own career course and help create the next generation of media and sports entertainment. It's an exciting time as we work across multiple platforms all while changing the face of media. And, you could be a part of the next evolution.
The Vice President, Development and DE&I will report into the SVP, Human Resources, DGE Content & ESPN and will be responsible for leading a team in the development, implementation, and evolution of learning and development and DE&I strategies across ESPN. They will build and drive innovative solutions that support ESPN business objectives while promoting an environment where employees can grow and succeed in a more diverse and inclusive culture and workforce. The right candidate for this role will demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen and strong partnerships with HR Business Partners and HR functional Centers of Excellence (COEs), including Learning and Talent Solutions.
If you are passionate about driving sustainable change across learning, development diversity, equity, and inclusion that will keep our organization at the leading edge of sports entertainment and at the forefront of enabling incredible storytellers to create memories for millions of fans around the globe, this position is for you.
• A key member of the leadership team that supports creating an innovative culture where cutting edge ideas, expansion, growth and change are expected, recognized and rewarded
• A key member of the leadership team that ensures a long-term focus on building and maintaining cohesion and delivering on shared ESPN goals
• Lead and continuously develop a team that is positioned as credible, proactive, and trusted thought partners through building relationships, delivering results, and competently delivering core services
• Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Compensation, HRBP, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs
Learning & Development
• Lead and project manage the implementation of ESPN and TWDC talent development/management initiatives and strategies in collaboration with HR, COEs and functional partners that is bold, innovative and practical focused on supporting talent and grounded in business priorities
• Consult with HR partners and business leaders to create and deliver talent development solutions that address business needs.
• Leverage workforce analytics to identify talent development strategies and evaluate their impact on business performance.
• Integrate Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategies throughout learning and development activities.
• Oversee and deliver DE&I strategies for optimizing people, processes, systems, culture, and community outreach to accelerate business performance and support critical evolution that builds and sustains a more diverse and inclusive culture
• Play an integral role in identifying, building, diversifying, and managing a robust network of relationships with external partners and organizations, both professional and educational institutions, to drive representation and impact, including through corporate partners and educational institutions
• Assess organizational performance systemically, defining gaps and proposing DE&I solutions advancing the business by conducting a variety of organizational and operational studies and analyses and providing recommended modifications to programs, policies, and procedures
• Establish consistent metrics and reporting to evaluate ROI on inclusion initiatives and enable leaders to assess trends, progress against targeted goals
• Lead a team to identify risks and opportunities across the segment through predictive modeling tools (e.g., metrics and analytics) that capture organizational and cultural trends to inform and advance DEI&O strategies
• Consult, coach, and influence senior executives, lead complex business initiatives, and collaboratively partner at all levels to heighten DEI&O awareness, knowledge, application, and leadership
• Influence and partner with The Walt Disney Company's Corporate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team in the development and integration of diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans that ensure an inclusive approach to employees, partners, and the community
• Strong strategic mindset with the ability to see ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing, changing environment
• Ability to take a broad/global view when addressing issues without being constrained by existing norms or business models
• Expert communication that conveys a clear understanding of unique needs of different audiences and with a compelling vision that inspires driving results
• Strong strategic leadership capability with a proven ability to collaborate, develop strong partnerships, build consensus, and navigate complex environments in service of meeting shared objectives
• Develops people to meet both career and organizational needs
• Strong leader and effective manager, who leads by example, encourages collaboration, and will mentor a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
• Ability to use compelling arguments to influence and gain the support and commitment of others, especially in leading change efforts
• Proven track record and ability to partner with business and other HR leaders to successfully drive organization initiatives, gain commitment, and implement sustainable change
• Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics
• Bachelor's degree required in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Marketing, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related discipline
• Master's degree with an emphasis in Diversity & Inclusion, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Marketing, Business Administration, Organization Development, Human Resource Management, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
At Disney, we want leaders who lead so that people chose to follow; We are looking for a leader who embodies the following leadership guiding principles:
• Captivate the Audience – Tell compelling stories. Disney leaders are authentic and connect with people through the power of story. They think globally with relentless customer focus. They maintain a clear vision for success to lead strategically and begin with the end in mind.
• Inspire Optimism – Motivate, develop, and collaborate. Disney leaders consistently reinforce why success is possible. They build effective teams with strong relationships, maintain humility, invest in top talent, and show appreciation. They demonstrate confidence, act decisively, expect excellence and drive results to realize shared success.
• Innovate with Courage – Invent our future, respect our past. Disney leaders set a tone of accountability while taking informed risks and using failures to learn. They are curious and inspire creativity. They identify disruptors, drive necessary change, and seek to do the impossible
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb86bk-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.