ESPN Creative Studio is a unit within the Content division of ESPN. Our staff comprises Motion Graphics, Video Editing, and the Music group. Positions within Creative Studio include Highlight Editors, Post Editors, Producer Editors, Sound Design, Graphic Designers, Project Management and Art Directors that support domestic and international content for all ESPN platforms.
The Supervisor Edit position will oversee edit personnel, projects, and workflow. They work closely with staff, management peers, departmental colleagues and clients to provide the best environment to create top notch content. Needs to attend meetings to receive and provide feedback, learn about new cutting edge technology and discover efficient workflows to position the team for future needs. Exceptional communications, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently are a must.
• Supervise personnel, projects and workflow. Develop peak efficiencies in personnel development, facilities and staffing requirements of specific operations areas. Provide administrative support and enforcement of all departmental and company policies and initiatives.
• Assess the operation and project for headcount; originate both operating and capital requests and implement innovative training programs.
• Has knowledge of multiple platforms of non-linear editing including but not exclusive to Avid, Premier, Grass Valley, Edius. Also understands the concepts of ancillary devices/software Adobe (AE, Audition, etc.), Cinema 4D, Resolve, Pro Tools, etc.
• Interface with applicable Programming and/or Production representatives in the advance planning stages to ensure the efficient provision of facilities and personnel to achieve desired results.
• Make any recommendations regarding corrective measures and adjust the personnel and facility schedules to satisfy changing programming demands while maintaining maximum efficiency and flexibility.
• Direct and evaluate the performance of all assigned employees including the implementation of departmental and company goals and the resolution of employee conflict situations.
• Assist the Management Team in implementing training programs to improve efficiency and competency of the editing staff. In this regard, Supervisors suggest methods of improving the quality of work performed by staff and maintain awareness of industry developments.
• Evaluate the staff capabilities and performance, make recommendations to scheduling partners with respect to shift and crew assignments, administer the annual reviews for assigned staff members and develop and administer Standard Operating Procedures.
• Work with crews and staffing through late night shifts, weekends and holidays. The Supervisor is expected to perform a variety of special projects.
• May be asked to supervise the recommendation, implementation, installation and integration of new equipment and work flows.
• A minimum of 10 years of production operations or related experience.
• Ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines is critical.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...)
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Has in-depth understanding/background in Creative Studio job roles in Motion Graphics, Project Management and Music.
• Proficient in business protocol and procurement techniques as well as in-depth research and development in specified areas of expertise.
• Past budgetary experience, comprehensive understanding of supervising staffs or operations.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqopqm-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.