Identify, organize and coordinate operational projects relevant to the administration of ESPN-produced events. Focus on maximizing efficiencies for Remote Operations by identifying existing policies and marrying them to future processes. Work closely with Resource Management and tenured staff to develop new methodology for freelancer payment submission, tax and accounting verification, and usage scheduling. Candidate must be able to react in a timely manner against all Programming assignments, and work closely with Remote Operations management personnel. Must have proven leadership record, and experience in a Remote environment. This role may be required to travel to remote sites during its tenure.
• Focus on Resource Projects for policy and/or process enhancement (as assigned by Resource Manager).
• Should have thorough knowledge of the payment process from start to finish, for all hired personnel. Must be able to provide payment details, as well as process individual payments, as necessary.
• Provide operational support to all sport teams, focusing primarily on issues surrounding freelance personnel. Receive and process all operational personnel invoices and expenses.
• Facilitate streamlined payment process for big events, including but not limited to Monday Night Football, XGames, and College Football and College Basketball.
• Work intimately with Accounting and Disney Shared Services on managing daily freelancer and vendor payment information for Remote Operations. Facilitate processing of all freelance expense reports. Responsible for managing and tracking of all freelancer usage.
• Manage all Technical Services Contract Lists, or similar, for Remote Operations. Verify, process, and file electronically as required. Track and review Crew sheets. Verify and confirm work hours.
• Process and track all Vendor W9 applications and submissions; troubleshoot as necessary.
• Interface daily with Disney Share Services, Accounting, Business Operations, and Programming Finance. Will be expected to learn, understand and navigate our NCS, SAP and Playbook systems.
• Maintain event personnel lists, ensuring the accuracy of work start and end dates and coordinate with the operations department to ensure that personnel are hired properly. Ensure that all hired personnel complete necessary corporate paperwork and guide it through the system.
• Participate regularly in Operations meetings and conference calls.
• Has a basic understanding of technical remote positions, their functions, responsibilities, and necessary skills.
• Must be willing to work occasional nights and/or weekends depending on the project needs.
• Typically, incumbent has at least three (3) years of related technical, crewing and/or operational planning and procurement in Remote Broadcasting.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication.
• Administers to proper hiring and payment policies.
• Maintains communication flow with peers in sharing best practices and maximizing contractor relationships.
• Basic computer experience with a proficiency in Windows based PC applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of SAP and Direct Pay systems strongly preferred.
• Has working knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, broadcasting or other related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5pez-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.