Programming Coordinator, Digital Programming
The Coordinator, Digital Media Programming Direct-to-Consumer will be responsible for the daily scheduling and day of air programming and operational execution of all ESPN digital live events. In this role, the Coordinator will support the Digital Media Programming team on the day-to-day scheduling and management of ESPN's more than 25,000 digitally distributed live events across the globe. The Coordinator will execute and support all content related planning, operational and technical related processes and will liaise with counterparts across Disney and operational vendors.
The Coordinator contributes to the strategic scheduling of content across all ESPN networks and digital platforms to maximize viewership, value and revenue.
The Coordinator will report to the Sr. Manager, Digital Media Scheduling and Operations.
• Scheduling and operational execution of ESPN's over 25,000 global digital live events.
• Assist Programming leadership with strategic scheduling, quality control, acquisitions, and all preparation work
• Responsible for scheduling and database management work for assigned networks/platforms, notably ESPN+
• Communicate and coordinate with various Disney operational partners, stakeholders and vendors on the operations and execution of ESPN's digital live event schedule
• Ensure timely and effective communication of programming information to all other ESPN departments and DSS, and external partners
• Prepare internal and external presentations in support of the ESPN+ business
• QA the ESPN+ product and content and communicate and triage issues in real time.
• Works as a member of the Programming Department at large to contribute to the overall scheduling strategy for the company across platforms. Proactively contribute innovative ideas to continue to grow our businesses
• Experience in a professional work setting
• Strong overall sports knowledge
• Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite
• Practiced user of social media and new media platforms
• General knowledge of the sports media industry
• Strong communication skills; highly organized and efficient
• Motivated to work in a complex and high energy environment
• 2 years of experience in a professional setting preferred
• Strong working knowledge of ESPN's digital platforms, as well as knowledge of content scheduler and/or AIS
• General familiarity with reading and comprehending legal contracts
• General familiarity with media and footage rights
• Basic knowledge and passion for emerging competitive digital video products and platforms
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, business, sports management or a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y4p6-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.