The Programming Coordinator supports the professional sports programming teams on the day-to-day scheduling, and management of our content. This person supports each teams charge in making major media investments in these categories, works collaboratively across all ESPN departments and with assigned external rights holders and partners to fulfill contracts and drive company and team priorities including DTC subscriber acquisition and retention, maximizing audience and revenue.
• Work with assigned sports teams' management to assist in strategic scheduling of all assigned programming, including the creation and maintenance of sport or program-specific schedules.
• Handle NCS/CS work for assigned sport categories, including ratings, scheduling, APF's, etc.
• Work with internal and external partners to fulfill requests, supply information and manage communication as needed.
• Supply internal stakeholders and senior management with detailed information including event prep materials, program and ratings information.
• Work as a member of the Programming Department at large to contribute to the overall scheduling strategy for the company across platforms and networks, including related content on ESPN Deportes.
• Create presentations, internal documents, and assist in negotiation prep work as assigned.
• Proactively contribute innovative ideas to continue to grow our business and diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging efforts within the department and company.
• Strong overall sports knowledge, with specific emphasis on specific sports properties.
• Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite and current social media platforms.
• General knowledge of the sports media industry.
• Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a professional work setting.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be highly organized, efficient, self-motivated, exhibit excellent time management skills and able to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
• Work experience in the sports media industry, television programming and/or college athletics.
• General familiarity with streaming platforms and passion for digital media
• General familiarity with reading and comprehending legal contracts.
• General familiarity with TV and digital audience measurement.
• General familiarity with media and footage rights.
• Knowledge of NCS/CS system a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, business, sports management or a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m2k8-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.