ESPN Next is the company's recruitment and development program focused on building a Production Assistant workforce empowered to contribute creativity, diversity and insight to our content, our culture and our business. The Production Assistant will be assigned a month of training and then transition into two different rotations within content during the 18-month program. Throughout the entirety of the program, the Production Assistant will help produce creative content for various ESPN platforms while also participating in a cohort curriculum that includes workshops, group project, networking, and volunteering.
• Support content creation for various properties both domestic and international; including SportsCenter and other studio shows, live events for professional and college sports, and features.
• Daily responsibilities will vary based on rotation; ranging from running teleprompter, screening and logging games/events, producing highlights, researching video content for various shows, and live event support.
• Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia content and publish to various platforms.
• Edit video elements and research video content for various studio shows/networks.
• Coordinate graphics for assigned studio telecasts or remote events
• Log and archive video and associated data for future use
• Produce elements such as teases, opens, and montages for various shows and live events.
• Support live events by gathering video and sponsorship elements for broadcasts.
• Fluency in Spanish, with the ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish
• Strong overall knowledge of multiple sports; including teams, players, and rules.
• Ability to identify and cultivate compelling storylines for various platforms
• Must possess strong communication and organization skills
• Ability to react quickly and positively under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
• A minimum of one year experience in sports media, preferably in content creation
• Awareness of social media trends and relevant platforms
• Self-starting attitude and team-oriented work ethic
• Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment
• Leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
• Knowledge of international sports a plus
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience