This position will report to the SVP, Original Content & ESPN Films and Executive Producer ESPN Films.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support. You'd support a storytelling team that creates award-winning original content that serves fans across all ESPN platforms. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar management, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you build with the executive(s) you support is absolutely critical, because that's what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive's business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you'll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of ESPN and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the ''face'' of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Assistant is different! On any given day you might:
• Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you are completely immersed in the mission of the office and can inform your executive when you see something he/she should know;
• Conduct research, fact-check existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you'll have tasks that you ''own'' completely and will provide regular assistance on others;
• Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
• Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
• Review your leader's schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting;
• Understand the day's priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls;
• Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
• Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
• Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney/ESPN is a publicly traded company;
• Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
• Assist with on-boarding new employees – you'll be the ''friendly face'' that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
• Manage large purchase orders and vendor contracts;
• Plan large, high-profile events like premiers, product launches, off-sites and team-building activities;
• At least 5 years supporting a Vice President and/or equivalent experience;
• Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
• Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive's business;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
• Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Confluence, Concur, and working in a Windows environment
• A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
• ''EQ'' skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
• Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
• Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
• Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
• Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
• A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
• Experience at The Walt Disney Company
• Experience working in a large public corporation; and
• Good knowledge of creating PowerPoint and Multimedia presentations
• Coordinating, Distilling, Packaging and Disseminating information to and from Original Content senior leadership team
• Daily strategic time management between stakeholders, new business relationships, team members, Creative and Planning periods.
• Long range calendar maintenance, prioritization and optimization for each manager.
• Positive attitude and great energy
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkqjvq-3-93-74-25-42 in your application.