The Employee Relations Associate position is an entry level position in ESPN's four member Employee Relations Team. ESPN's Employee Relations Team provides guidance to leadership and employees on company policy, practices, and state/federal employment laws, conducts internal workplace investigations, and manages employee performance issues. The Employee Relations Associate will be expected to engage in and support the team in these activities. Duties will include case intake, maintenance of employee relations case management system, counseling managers and employees, facilitating employee training sessions, and drafting of employee discipline and performance management documents. This is an opportunity for a creative thinker with strong communication skills who is able to use technology to find solutions to benefit this busy team.
• Supports administration of Employee Relations team by handling intake of all incoming cases and entry into case management system and additional file maintenance, including employee personnel files.
• Consults with line of business managers on a variety of issues including corrective action, policy clarification, leave of absence issues, and discrimination and harassment complaints.
• Consults with employees regarding a wide range of issues and complaints, including employees in crisis (e.g. death in family, medical issues, mental or emotional issues).
• Consults directly with business and responds to requests, working alongside the client and/or more senior ER colleagues to ensure all issues are resolved and escalated if/when necessary.
• Acts as liaison between managers and employees regarding performance issues and management (e.g. performance improvement plan process).
• Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to Company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
• Analyze ER data/metrics for themes, trends and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners.
• Create summaries and other documents related to the ER function. Assist with project work as needed to include training, facilitation of classes, research, and other projects that support the business.
• Interact and work with team members outside the HR organization, including Legal, Security, and Disney Management Audit.
• Engage with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company to assist with advancing case work and other ER initiatives as needed/directed.
• Minimum 3-5 years in a professional level role
• Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
• Demonstrated consultative and credibility assessment skills
• Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decision while keeping partners and leaders informed
• Proven experience in managing multiple project with strong time management and prioritization skills
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Ability to travel
• Strong understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADAAA and FMLA
• Advanced degree (JD)
• Ability to write and speak Spanish
• Experience in labor relations or administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements
• Bachelor's Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p1be-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.