Digital Video Producer I is tasked with the production and editing of trending video content on ESPN-branded digital channels both domestically and globally. This role will also semi-regularly oversee all production within the Digital Video newsroom, including creating and distributing daily assignments, communicating real-time engagement metrics and planning with internal partners. This role requires a commanding knowledge of digital media content creation via non-linear editing software. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to recognize high-level engagement opportunities to further ESPN's industry-leading video offerings. Additionally, the Digital Video Producer I may have the opportunity to manage direct reports and help grow our staff through mentorship and teaching accountability.
• Become a subject matter expert on all ESPN Digital platforms (ESPN.com, ESPN App, YouTube) and apply that expertise to expand reach, engagement, and distribution of content.
• Help create daily assignments and contribute to production as part of a team of content producers
• Semi-regularly be the main point of contact for all daily production within the Digital Video newsroom including working with global content teams
• Manage one or more direct reports through a nurturing relationship focused on long-term employee development
• Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences
• Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements.
• Effectively manage production timelines to ensure projects are executed on time
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for digital video content on ESPN platforms including YouTube
• Minimum 3 years of combined media experience with a focus on digital media
• Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
• Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends.
• Excellent headline writing skills; an understanding of optimal tactics for content distribution.
• Strong understanding of core characteristics of ''viral'' content
• Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day
• Experience managing employees and setting detailed assignments for a group
• Minimum of 1-3 years of practical Digital/Social Production or related experience
• Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple social media platforms
• Experience working in a mobile-first content environment
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
• Strong presentation skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in a media-related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkezop-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.