Digital Video Content Associate is tasked with the production and editing of trending video content on ESPN-branded digital channels both domestically and globally. This role will work within the Digital Video newsroom creating content and completing daily assignments such as custom edits and producing digital highlights. This role requires a developed knowledge of digital media content creation via non-linear editing software. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to recognize high-level engagement opportunities to further ESPN's industry-leading video offerings.
• Be able to identify trending, ''must-see''-type moments from games or on social platforms and translate them into engaging digital video opportunities
• Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences.
• Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements.
• Effectively manage production timelines to ensure projects are executed on time.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for digital video content on ESPN platforms including YouTube.
• Minimum of 1 year of combined media experience with a focus on digital media
• Developed non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
• Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
• Excellent headline writing skills; an understanding of optimal tactics for content distribution
• Strong understanding of core characteristics of ''viral'' content
• Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day
• Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple social media platforms
• Experience working in a mobile-first content environment
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
• Strong presentation skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• College Degree in a media-related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7o4k8-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.