The Art Director will be responsible for idea development, creative planning & execution, leading teams big and small and at times contributing hands-on to the design language of ESPN's programming for live events & studio shows as well as the E+ platform. This includes show branding, insert graphic builds, live action shoots, editor-executed design systems and large format animation design campaigns.
• Create industry leading work that influences and inspires the design & animation team.
• Oversight of design campaigns for live sporting events & studio shows.
• Directing insert graphic systems that are engineered for long-term success.
• Leading advanced animation builds through next level ideation and articulation of direction.
• Implementation and execution of editorial creative for features, content packages and live action elements.
• Prepare and present the creative to internal and external stakeholders.
• Improve upon the design system infrastructure of our linear design campaigns.
• Work with our Animation and Graphics Playout, Creative Operations, Music, and Post Edit teams to ensure collaborative success.
• Contributions of creative leadership across ESPN Creative Studio.
• 10+ years of professional experience working within a creative studio or media organization.
• In-depth knowledge of motion graphics, animation principles/techniques and render engines.
• Experience in live action environments and turning.
• Experience in leading large insert graphic builds.
• An advanced understanding of the common behaviors of deliverables for live television.
• A complete understanding of typography, composition, hierarchy, and balance.
• Comfort and experience in leading teams and presenting to Sr. leadership.
• Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite & Cinema 4D.
• Proven project management skills with ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
• Reliable work-from-home setup with strong internet connection.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of the sports design space, trends, and an understanding of ESPN's place amongst the competition.
• College Diploma or equivalent
Preferred location is Bristol, CT but fully remote work may be a possibility.
The hiring range for this remote position is $92,00 to $170,812 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g31595-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.