What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts strive to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Software Programmer to help bridge Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN) end users with Epic's development team. The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in C++ and engine development, is customer focused, and has excellent communication skills.
In This Role You Will
• Provide engineering advice and direction to UEFN end users as they navigate difficult problems
• Debug, review and analyze minor and major issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes and runtime performance challenges
• Work with technical partners from multiple industries to ensure their needs are met by future releases of UEFN
• Drive initiatives in the creation and development of knowledge sharing resources including tutorials and industry presentations
• Consult with a diverse group of developers both online and face-to-face
• Write well documented and optimized code for fixes, feature work, code reviews and other development oriented tasks
• Provide mentorship and coaching to team members
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related field or equivalent experience
• Experience developing and debugging in C++
• Experience solving complex problems and helping other developers
• Passion for helping other developers
• Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to reduce friction and improve process
• Foundational knowledge of real-time simulation, 3D math, data structures and algorithms
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Experience with UE4 or other AAA Game Engines
• Experience with Fortnite Creative tools
• Professional development experience shipping a project/title as a programmer/engineer
• Experience working 'under the hood' on game engine systems such as physics, rendering, developer tools, mobile, and/or consoles.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp56w0-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.