Software Development Engineer in Test
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? YOU CAN BE EPIC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking f or an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). In this role you will be a leader in developing automated test solutions for various unreal projects. If you are passionate about utilizing automation to improve quality, performance, test coverage, and developer efficiency then we'd love to talk with you!
In this role, you will
• Implement automation tests around key game systems and features.
• Identify opportunities for leveraging automation across Epic Games
• Provide coaching and mentorship to junior and mid-level SDET engineers.
• Task other developers as necessary to complete work to an agreed-upon schedule and quality.
• Act as a vision holder for maintaining a ''testable software'' mentality at Epic Games.
• Extend or design automation frameworks and tools as necessary.
• Work with software engineers on the Fortnite and Unreal Engine teams to ensure features are written as testable units.
• Collaborate with QA to develop automation processes that are robust, reliable, and easy to use.
What we're looking for
• Experience developing automation/performance tools.
• Deep knowledge of how game engines work; Experience with either UE4/Unity or a custom internal game engine.
• Experience in leading and mentoring other developers.
• Experience of CIS systems such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Experience with DCC authoring tools (3dMax, Maya, etc..)
• Proficient communication skills at the individual and team level.
• Experience working with multiple platforms.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.