Epic Games is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to help craft the documentation for Unreal Engine, our industry-leading game development platform. Millions of licensees around the world use our tech to create inter‐ active, immersive experiences-indie and mobile games, AAA blockbusters, ground-breaking VR and AR experiences, design visualizations for architecture, engineering, and manufacturing-any kind of virtual world you can imagine. And as if that isn't enough, it's also the backbone of Epic's
own game titles, including Fortnite. With so many users across so many industries, all craving detailed information about how to use
our latest cutting-edge features, we need skilled writers to meet the constant demand. If you're a no- nonsense communicator with a technical bent and a passion for helping others make their dreams and visions become a reality, then we'd like to talk to you.
• Identifying and meeting customer needs for technical documentation, best practices, and other instructional content;
• Owning the quality of the documentation for assigned areas of the product;
• Acquiring in-depth knowledge of your domain and sharing it freely with colleagues and customers;
• Fostering an environment of continuous improvement through peer reviews;
• Collaborating with development, support, and QA engineers to enhance the documentation; and
• Helping shape the user experience by suggesting improvements to new features and workﬂows.
• 3+ years of professional experience as a technical writer
• 3+ years of experience working with 3D content in the video game industry
• Portfolio of high quality technical writer work required
• Demonstrated programming skills in any language
• Demonstrated knowledge of web technologies and web-based content creation tools
• Demonstrated knowledge of image editing tools
• The ideal candidate must have a high-level proficiency in English - limited knowledge of working French would be highly valuable
Number of hours per week:
Salaries and benefits + vacation:
• Salary offered: $100,000-$120,000
• Full time, permanent position
• 20 vacation days
• Eligible for standard company insurance benefits
Epic Games valorise profondément la diversité des équipes et une culture de travail inclusive, et nous sommes fiers d'être un employeur garantissant l'égalité des chances. En savoir plus sur notre politique d'égalité des chances en matière d'emploi (EEO) ici.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.