What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will facilitate functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts while using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques in the World Creation tools space of the Unreal Engine to analyze and report on quality. You are expected to work in a highly autonomous environment embedded on a specific team while working closely with designers, engineers, and production staff, using a combination of quality assurance, data analysis, and technical skills to drive appropriate testing techniques early on in development through release cycles and beyond.
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
• Examine technical gaps and automation initiatives between geographically distributed teams to deliver the highest quality product
• Develop and implement automation test strategies and utilize technical tooling to expand breadth and add depth to QA coverage of multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product while troubleshooting reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health, supporting developers before, during, and after deployments
What we're looking for
• Previous experience creating tools or automation using Python, C++ and/or C#
• Ability to confidently collaborate with senior members on technical topics and features
• Software or games testing experience in a fast paced environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate challenging interactions effectively
• Previous experience working with game engines is a bonus
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g482vv-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.