What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. We are actively looking to staff teams across web development, the Unreal Engine, tools creation, backend services, games, and our release process, as well as specialized teams working on specific platforms. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What you'll do
Epic is seeking a Sr QA Analyst to join our Fortnite Creative team. You will be working directly with our Creative Modes group to prepare these modes inside of Fortnite for launch to millions of players. We are a creative group within a large organization that prizes intelligence, creativity, and nimble problem-solving skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with game QA management experience and has a passion for innovating and improving upon the Fortnite Creative Quality Process.
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
• Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Understand functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
• Using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality, and utilize that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
• Support developers before, during and after deployments; serve as a link between Development and QA teams
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
• Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
• Focused, organized and deadline-conscious individuals with a strong attention to detail to identify, record, and prioritize issues as they arise
• Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
• Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge in one of these areas:
• SQL & MongoDB, and the ability to query databases
• Game Engines or 3D toolsets
• Backend servers and APIs
• Games as a Service
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwv1y2-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.