PROGRAMMING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of programming experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Today, we are growing the team that is forging the first adventures in LEGO Fortnite, blending the engaging and welcoming Fortnite universe with the creativity and playfulness of LEGO. We're looking for a Senior Engine Programmer for the Core Tech - Platform team within LEGO Fortnite. Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you'll work on all aspects of the core engine technology behind a cutting-edge game experience. Most importantly, you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand new game experience to players worldwide!
In this role, you will
• Design and implement new engine runtime features for the game, and the Unreal Engine itself
• Design and implement APIs and supporting tools as required by the demands of the project
• Analyze and optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
• Collaborate with other teams and disciplines across Epic
• Contribute to the broader design and implementation of the whole project
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ experience, and familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc
• Experience with Unreal Engine - ideally with projects developed in UE4 or UE5
• Experience in a broad range of programming areas on shipping games or real time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code
• Experience with deep optimization and workflow improvements are very nice to have
• Well-versed in software programming principles
• Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with excellent communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
• Fearless attitude to making deep and profound changes to an existing engine to provide paradigm shifting improvements that change the world
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and robustness
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2b592-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.