What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Senior Designer to join the Publishing Design Team at Epic Games Publishing (EGP). This person will provide creative support and design advice for EGP's upcoming projects, working alongside third party developers and helping them to create the best possible games. This person will have responsibility for design input and quality control for a portfolio of titles and will partner with production colleagues to provide feedback on regular milestones, solve problems and assess potential new projects. We're looking for someone who can help our partner teams excel using both design best practice and an understanding of how creative teams tick. We're not looking to tell our development teams what to do, rather to help them maximize their potential and offer expert advice.
In this role, you will
• Be creatively responsible for a portfolio of third party titles and work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
• Provide game design support to external developers and IP holders in whatever way is most effective; from milestone feedback to design documentation to even getting your hands dirty in their systems to help solve complex problems
• Use your holistic design and project understanding to identify design risks and/or opportunities in partner projects and present/follow-up on these in a way that won't ruffle any feathers, escalating these when necessary
• Represent EGP and the EGP Design Team to partners and developers and build strong, positive and supportive relationships
• Use your game title knowledge to identify competitors, provide examples and set quality bars
• Help to assess and provide due diligence on potential new projects
• Help out with wider Epic design and project initiatives when appropriate
What we're looking for
• 5+ years game design experience within a studio environment, on PC or console
• Someone who has taken multiple games from inception to release
• Beyond organized, with proven systems for capturing, prioritizing and executing tasks across multiple projects
• The best communicator
- someone who can get on with anyone and discuss complex or loaded issues with ease
• Proactive, with a strong eye for detail and an incredible ability to multitask
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in teams
• Comfortable adjusting to unpredictable deadlines and schedules
• Passionate about games!
• Required skills:
• Exceptional understanding of game structure and systems
• Exceptional ability to produce clear and workable documentation
• Exceptional ability to provide clear feedback to developers
• Demonstrable experience of balancing a variety of games
• Comfortable working in the Google Suite and Office
• Wide knowledge base of past and present games, across all genres
• Great written and spoken English
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1w0km-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.