Senior Sound Designer
At Quixel we work with industry leaders in 3D art and have been integral to some of today's biggest AAA games and blockbuster movies. We are also rapidly expanding into architectural visualization and product design spaces.
We hire creative, passionate people, and give them the autonomy to do great work. We are building Quixel to be a remarkable place to work, learn, and grow. We are growing fast and would love to work with you!
WHAT WE DO
Quixel's mission is to scan the world using proprietary scanning technologies and build an exhaustive ecosystem empowering graphics artists working in films, games, or visualization, to create hyper-realistic or stylized 3D worlds and elements with the world's largest scan library.
This role can be based in: Gothenburg, Sweden
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be part of the larger scanning team, requiring scanning/photography of different places and objects, along with the handling of raw data on a daily basis. Traveling to capture indoor and outdoor locations will be a part of your responsibilities.
In this role, you will be responsible for
• Playing your part in capturing the world
• Using and maintaining the proprietary scanning equipment
• Ensuring captured data is of the highest possible quality
• Scouting and documenting potential locations; local and international
What we're looking for
• Photography experience - Ability to handle cameras in manual mode
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Good management skills - Time, work and people
• Interest in the Games/VFX industry
• Flexibility to travel internationally several times a year
• Ability to perform while working remotely
• Driver's license
• A 3D related bachelor's degree
• Interest in architectural visualization
• Work experience (more than a year)
• Prior drone flying experience
• Experience in 3D world-building
• Basic understanding of PBR (Physically based rendering)
• Having prior experience in:
• Reality Capture
• 3D software Experience with 3D graphics
• Confidence to take constructive feedback, evaluate the feedback and art direction on a professional level
• Curious, creative, interested to learn new things
• Team player
• Physically fit and active
• Willing to take responsibility and deliver
• Good eye for details / good aesthetic feel for materials
• Good at creating and maintaining relationships in the field
As part of Epic Games, Quixel continues its mission is to scan the world, making high-quality content and innovative technology freely accessible to everyone in the form of Megascans, Bridge, and Mixer. Quixel brings artistry and speed back to next-gen workflows, and allows computer graphics artists to create worlds of their own.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.