What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a QA Engineer to own the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation
of a given Fortnite feature, functionality or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with producers, developers, and designers. As such, you will be at the center of both game and engine development and technology at Epic and the wider game industry.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
In This Role You Will
• Work closely with QA Analysts, product owners, developers, and designers to evaluate requirements, assess risks, and coordinate testing efforts for upcoming and existing game features.
• Design and develop test plans and test cases to cover Fortnite game features
on a cross-platform environment (PC, mobile, consoles).
• Develop new tools and/or build on existing technology to improve testing processes.
• Help drive and manage automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts.
• Contribute to developing functional scripts within a scalable framework.
• Leverage technical skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across game feature sets, and to diagnose and troubleshoot issues found during testing.
• Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
• Participate in code development and code review of automated tests and tools.
• Support team members and identify potential improvements to the overall solution.
What We're Looking For
• Computer Science Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of software testing experience in a fast- paced environment with a proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products.
• Solid understanding of QA process, test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development.
• Experience testing in-game purchasing systems using RMT (Real Money Transactions) and/or video game monetization features, including subscriptions.
• Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results.
• Passion for Gaming/Entertainment. You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
• Experience with code review process, version control, and CI/CD tools.
• Experience with data mining to help validate data encryption.
• Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprints.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior Dev Engineers on technical topics and features
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills for analyzing business, technical, and functional requirements
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pn6e-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.