Lead Tools Programmer
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given Unreal Engine feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with professional and highly technical developers. As such, you will be at the center of engine development and technology at Epic and the wider game industry.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What you'll do
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming and existing engine features/releases
• Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Build test strategies and test plans to cover low-level engine features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Manage automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
• Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across low-level engine feature sets to analyze quality
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment
• Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
• Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
• Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
• Experience in functional and usability testing
• Experience with cross-platform testing
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
Nice to have skills
• Prior experience with running and designing automated tests
• Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprints
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7148k-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.