What We Do
The Paid Media team is responsible for delivering incremental players, revenue, and engagement through paid media as well as working across Epic to guide the optimization of earned and owned acquisition channels.
What You'll Do
As a Paid Media Director, you will lead a team of Senior Media Managers who own media strategy for all of Epic's first party products. The ideal candidate knows the advertising ecosystem deeply, loves driving game metrics, and is also a proven team leader who will elevate and guide the careers of an existing high-performing team. You will work across marketing, creative, analytics, and product to drive growth and engagement through paid channels.
In this role, you will
• Ensure efficient execution of Epic's Paid Media strategy across all first party titles and products
• Communicate regularly with executives on plans and performance across acquisition channels
• Oversee and improve processes across an existing high-performing paid media team
• Identify new areas of opportunity for increased user acquisition and engagement across the ecosystem; develop and partner with cross functional teams across the organization to implement strategies, features and functionality
• Work with engineers and analysts to continually iterate on in-house systems for reporting and programmatic optimization
• Strengthen relationships with advertising partners and platforms
What we're looking for
• Minimum 6+ years of experience in digital media with a proven track record within the games industry across PC, console, and mobile verticals
• Experience building teams and leading direct reports to successful growth/development
• Someone who understands the full funnel of player engagement from how to conduct efficient player acquisition to which gameplay functions are most likely to retain
• Polished and skilled presenter who will be ready to deliver information to executive leadership on day 1
• Experience running global campaigns at large scale, including insights and optimization based on different channels, countries, and cultures
• Have pioneered new products and optimization methods with ad partners
• Experience designing, running, and reporting creative tests
• Expert in Excel and Tableau; SQL (across large datasets) a bonus
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$165,186 - $242,273 USD
California Base Pay Range
$161,745 - $237,226 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$144,538 - $211,989 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4w99-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.