Engine Programmer (MetaHumans)
Engineering at Epic
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an Engine Programmer passionate about creating world-class, industry-leading game engine technologies, targeting a variety of game console platforms. You'll work with the latest console hardware offerings to design and implement platform APIs, guide cross-platform API development and create robust platform toolchains as required by the demands of a variety of both gaming and non-gaming related projects. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to our MetaHuman technology, we want to talk to you!
In This Role You Will
• Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e. memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, graphics APIs (Vulkan, DirectX 12, Nintendo, and PlayStation), shader compilers, etc.
• Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform-specific performance issues)
• Make improvements to platform toolchains, i.e. compiler/linker support, deployment to device, SDK upgrades, platform-specific data management tools, debugger integration, crash reporting, etc.
• Help us embrace, support, extend and enhance our engine for future hardware
What We're Looking For
• Extensive experience with C++
• Experience with a broad range of engineering areas in shipping games or real-time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
• Experience with OS-level systems on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch and Stadia
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Familiarity with development tools and profiling on game consoles, including PIX, Razor, Renderdoc, etc.
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wppz-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.