eOne's Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid's entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony, Equestria Girls and Jem; as well as action adventure brands Transformers and Power Rangers.
Develop and drive the long-term franchise and content strategy and vision for growth of Kiya across the Blueprint globally. The VP GFSM for Kiya has full ownership of the next big preschool IP to come from the eOne/Hasbro stable, currently in production on Season 1 and poised to launch on air and at retail from 2023. Kiya is critical to Hasbro's goal of becoming #1 in preschool toys globally by 2025. In this business-critical and high-profile leadership role, you will partner with multiple functions globally to set, align and drive the long-range global brand strategy and global content production and rollout plans for this exciting new-to-market brand, leading a small and empowered team of director and coordinator to maximise potential and efforts both within your team and across the business
Ownership of global franchise strategy and vision for growth of Kiya across the full Blueprint – setting 3yr content and commercial priorities in partnership with Production, global and regional Toys & Games, Content Sales, Digital Gaming, YouTube & Social Media, Consumer Products, LBE, Promotions, Entertainment Brand Marketing, Legal and Finance, securing alignment on the vision and driving delivery of the strategy with cross-functional partners globally and locally:
• Set franchise direction for all content creation (series production, short form, long form, specials, cinema releases, digital, music, audio) with continual focus on the changing content landscape – accountable for ensuring storytelling fully delivers brand, toy and wider commercial goals, and partnering closely with relevant T&G and CP leads to understand and deliver against commercial needs
• Oversee the strategic planning and rollout globally of all Kiya brand content across formats and platforms to deliver against long-term brand objectives as well as broadcast and retail requirements – anticipating market dynamics impacting Kiya to continually plan ahead and drive success across the Blueprint globally
• Drive global franchise positioning to maximise commercial potential for the business, overseeing definition of brand identity and tone of voice across all audience segments with a keen lens on regional needs and consumer / category insights – always focused on ensuring differentiation at retail and optimal lifecycle management for Kiya in the long-term
• Oversee the relationship with the brand's production team, owned by the relevant brand director, to ensure all content development on characters, locations, vehicles, themes, accessories, storytelling, scripts, series arcs, and so forth, will drive and deliver our business goals, always with a 3-series / 3-year vision to ensure overall creative and commercial objectives are met
• Key point of contact for regions / business units to align on needs and strategy, understanding commercial needs and ensuring franchise teams execute against those needs – using sound brand and business judgement to balance the commercial needs of the organisation with the creative integrity needed to drive brand longevity and manage expectations on both sides
• Oversee brand tracking, industry and consumer research initiatives in partnership with global insights team and brand directors – always be commercially aware of global brand health and performance, in context of the inhouse preschool portfolio and relevant external competitors, anticipating and driving opportunities as well as solving challenges both short/long-term to maximise commercial potential of your brand, creatively and commercially in the long-term
• Oversee franchise budget and allocation of spends for all elements of global franchise strategy and management
• Act as thought-leader and global market expert for Kiya, sharing and leveraging learnings to inspire and align brand strategies and activation plans across the Blueprint
• Lead and develop the Global Kiya Franchise Strategy & Management Team to successfully activate brand and content strategies across the Blueprint, managing resource and processes to ensure optimal team performance and efficiency, fostering a culture of excellence in partnership and execution, data and insight-led planning, spotting and developing talent for lead roles on upcoming brands in the future.
As a leader, the VP GFSM mentors and directs a team of Franchise leads who are accountable for the following franchise responsibilities, globally:
Franchise Strategy & Development
• Design the overall brand architecture, focusing on entertainment and content, to maximize
• commercial potential and windowing.
• Develop foundational brand strategy including positioning, core pillars, audience and targeting
• segmentation, connection territories/themes and guidance for global Brand Blueprint teams to
• embrace and carry forward.
• Partner with Franchise Creative team to brief needs and approve branding/identity elements,
• including all visual and written assets for assigned brands.
• Work with Franchise Creative and eOne teams in the creation of TV and Film visual development
• needs for pitching and sell in, as well as branding guide and tool kit elements.
• Partner with eOne to ensure brand entertainment roadmaps and content plans are on strategy and developed to maximize the commercial opportunity.
• Build relationships and earn trust with production teams, as well as external content makers and showrunners; provide input and influence to help ensure consistent and on-brand storytelling across content to lead to greater commercialization/ROI.
• Lead overarching brand and entertainment pitch and sell-in process to internal and external partners.
• Critical partner for product and merch program development for all Brand Blueprint teams, including Publishing, Licensing and CP, Digital Gaming, Toy & Games, Partnerships & Promotions and LBE.
• Manage websites for assigned brand and align with social team on social strategies, including programming strategy, content creation and budget
• Work closely with discipline teams (Digital, Social, Legal, PR, etc) to build out owned and earned
• potential for brands.
• Analyse and track relevant metrics to support business case modelling and scenarios.
• Initiate and lead global insights projects specific to brands in portfolio, working with both internal (AIM) and external partners.
• Manage franchise budget for assigned brand, identifying efficiencies and raising any issues to leader and/or Finance in a timely manner.
Brand Stewardship & Management
• Serve as brand champion, educator and ambassador for internal and external needs related to
• assigned brand(s).
• Act as the voice of the consumer for every project across the Brand Blueprint to ensure long-term growth and commercial success.
• Communicate brand strategy and franchise plans to eOne, external studio partners and filmmakers to support the timely collection of entertainment-based assets and to facilitate access and
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5vex-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.