Senior Brand Manager
London, United Kingdom
Content Sales Manager, International Distribution - EMEA (12-month maternity cover contract)
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One is a global studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
Reporting into VP/Director Sales, help drive and execute an effective growth strategy across a specific territory footprint. Identify opportunities to sell new, returning and catalogue product for both scripted and non-scripted TV, and films. Build and maintain close client relationships, provide market expertise and knowledge for the business, and contribute valued team qualities including passion and motivational energy.
• Work with VP/Director to design, plan and execute sales to broadcasters and digital platforms across your territories; ensuring all existing relationships are maintained whilst looking to develop new business to deliver maximum exploitation of all content.
• Work with management to agree budget financials and strategy, and then deliver on that in each financial year.
• Support strategies and plans for all relevant TV Markets and territory trips including Mipcom and LA Screenings; travel as required to those markets and territories to develop and build relationships with new and existing clients.
• Review and assess international potential of new content acquisitions by providing feedback and sales projections. Provide input into overall distribution strategy including expert and current market feedback on titles, viable commercial targets for each project, and insight into local content trends.
• Manage, motivate and develop all direct reports to ensure we operate as an effective and energised group.
• Establish and maintain ‘best in industry’ reputation with broadcasters to help ensure eOne is a priority partner for our clients; and respected by our distribution peers.
• Be a key contact for all teams that we work with to deliver on our deals including Marketing, Research, Finance, BLA, Ops and Acquisitions; ensure a collaborative approach and an open approach to information sharing about our markets and business.
• Proven experience in content sales, including demonstrable examples of solid sales ability and delivering excellent results.
• An established network of clients and contacts in the German market is essential.
• Specific and detailed knowledge of key broadcasters / platforms and their programming strategies, local market dynamics, rights / windows, emerging technologies, and local content trends.
• Organisational skills to coordinate the sophisticated windowing of content though multiple sales cycles, maximising the value from library, and managing the region’s budget to deliver consistent growth.
• Highly motivated, passionate about content and sales, excellent relationship skills, and driven to exceed targets.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Numerate and able to deliver clear budgets, financial updates and reports.
• The ability to pitch and sell with passion and engagement, strong presentation skills. and 1st class negotiation experience.
• Willing to travel and work flexibly.
• Fluency in German is desirable but not essential.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.