London, United Kingdom
eOne's Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid's entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony, Equestria Girls and Jem; as well as action-adventure brands Transformers and Power Rangers.
As Director, Content Sales, you will be the senior leader and strategist for the ongoing creation of and implementation of TV and Digital/New Media commercial strategy.
Working closely with the EVP Content Sales and in coordination with the Licensing and Merchandising division, you will be responsible for maximising the exposure and commercial value of the eOne Family & Brands properties from an overall brand management perspective (i.e. secure best possible platforms and best possible broadcast slots and ensure properties are kept on the air in order to launch and support L&M programs wherever relevant.)
• Full ownership and responsibilities for setting short-to-long-term commercial strategy for multiple territories in partnerships with EVP Content Sales
• Owning the relationships with broadcasters and clients with continual dialogue to understand their key focuses, priorities, timings; deliver insight back into the business relating to their strategies, and objectives
• Take the lead in negotiating deals, oversee all stages of the sales process and submit the best deal possible to the EVP for approval
• Accountability for managing and achieving an annual sales budget
• Identifying new business opportunities, setting and implementing multi platform growth strategy to maximise presence and sales across brands whilst maintaining and renewing existing business
• Working closely with other global commercial functions across the rest of the eOne business including toy and game, licensing as well as the brand marketing teams to align strategically to roll out brands in each respective market and to identify and implement best practice strategies To maintain and improve (as a senior member of the sales team) the efficiency of the Rights database(s).
• To provide the EVP Content Sales with forecasting upon request; and provide feedback, when requested on new projects being considered for acquisition.
• To maintain an excellent knowledge of eOne Family & Brands current and expanding catalogue for kids and family programming, and their brand facts.
• To undertake foreign sales trips and participate to International TV sales markets
• Coordinate the tracking of deals through from interest of clients to offer, deal memo, final contracts, invoicing, payments, material requests and delivery of materials in conjunction with Deliveries, Finance and Legal teams
• The preparation of targeted internal and external presentations to pitch, support or content strategy
• Obtain updates (marketing activities/plans, forecasts, ratings, scheduling etc) from broadcasters and digital partners for sharing internally
• Working closely with Content Strategy to ensure our Shows are aired in the best slots and improve the situation if the scheduling offered by the broadcasters is not satisfactory
• Working closely with Research team to monitor content performance
• Significant senior experience within content sale of both linear and non linear rights, leading strategy and establishing best practices
• Strong business development and long-term planning skills
• Diplomatic team player with proven ability to develop strong working relationships
• Exceptional market and competitive knowledge of family brands
• Developed skills at partnering with and influencing business clients at all levels and driving innovative ways of doing business
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple priorities and assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• A genuine interest in kids and family TV programming.
• Knowledge of spoken and written French preferred but not a pre requisite
What you'll be a part of:
• Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
• Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
• Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqw6b-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.