Vice President, Global Partnerships Sales (Arts & Entertainment), North America
Who We Are:
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media. The company manages some of the world's greatest athletes and fashion icons; owns and operates hundreds of live events annually; and is a leading independent producer and distributor of sports and entertainment media. IMG also specializes in licensing, sports training and league development. IMG is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world's most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
Main Purpose of Job
The Vice President of Global Partnerships will be responsible for leading sponsorship sales & development across a portfolio of arts and entertainment based properties within OLE & IMG Events for the North American region.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Lead the strategic partnerships and commercial efforts across all arts & entertainment-based properties within OLE and IMG Events for North America.
• Work directly with OLE/IMG Events leadership to establish key deliverables and activation hand-off for each client and property.
• Assist in setting annual sponsorship targets and go-to-market plans, which could include asset development, pricing, tiering, packaging, etc.
• Work closely with the Sales Operations team, Endeavor Analytics and the general sales team to have a cohesive and seamless go to market approach.
• Work alongside the New Business Development Team to set sponsorship projections for new event and/or acquisition opportunities.
• Liaise with Event Operations leads across featured properties to align on internal and external go-to-market strategies.
• Consistently identify target brands and generate face-to-face / virtual meetings to establish new client relationships.
• Create and deliver sponsorship presentations using existing templates.
• Perform contractual negotiations with clients through to signature.
• Support and work closely with Senior Management and Event Directors to ensure commercial partnerships are in keeping with the event content.
• Maximize all potential revenue to achieve/exceed event targets.
• Work with sponsorship account managers to ensure successful delivery of contract and work towards renewal.
• Work collaboratively with the wider IMG sales team to help teach and support.
• Ensure that all pipeline and deals are reported and up to date on the CRM system.
• Maintain a good knowledge of competitor events and relevant sponsorships.
• Weekly / monthly forecasting and reporting to senior divisional management within Strategic Partnerships.
• Management of internal stakeholders across marketing, events, operations, sales and account management.
Knowledge and Experience
• Extensive sponsorship sales experience with a demonstrable track record of sourcing new business and opening doors.
• Proven track record in sponsorship sales and relationship builder having an expansive existing contact base and existing network.
• Experience in negotiating high value, complex, commercial contracts and global sponsorship/partnership deals across multiple platforms, with specific experience in the arts, culture, lifestyle and/or entertainment sectors.
• Proven track record of successful client relationships and strategic account management/engagement.
• Experience developing business plans and tracking pipelines to ensure sales are delivered.
• Experience initiating and driving sales with limited hands-on guidance.
• Track record of leveraging referrals, developing leads and securing meetings with prospective suppliers and partners through research, outbound calls and building an industry network profile.
• Demonstrable knowledge of accurate forecasting and revisiting business plans regularly.
• Effective communication skills with a broad range of audiences. Experience in presenting partnership opportunities to and engagement of senior and c-level executives and targeted companies and brands.
• Experience of the development of bespoke and tailored propositions to suit the needs of individual companies.
• A thorough understanding of the end-to-end sales process and the customer buying process (including awareness of the emotional connections required by brands).
• Working knowledge of closing deals including negotiation of commercial terms and working alongside the legal team to negotiate and conclude contractual agreements.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the digital landscape in sports, sponsorship activation across all platforms and trends on consumer behavior to spot opportunities for new business.
• Thorough understanding of IMG's business, properties, stakeholders, and priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to problem-solve and find creative solutions
• Ability to translate research and insights into partnership strategy and presentation/ pitch storylines.
• Ability to lead research and various analyses on new opportunities and develop business plans.
• Strong ability to develop deck design and support creative solutions
• Motivated and enthusiastic to take on new projects
• Demonstrate commercial and cultural awareness (as dealing with multi-national companies and international events).
• Driven to achieve success and possess the hunger and curiosity to learn and be proactive in finding and chasing leads
• Enjoy working in a team environment with the ability to collaborate, seek feedback and build credibility through interaction with others
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task, stay organized under pressure and self-direct
• Flexible and efficient working style
• Accurate and organized with good attention to detail
• Excellent MS Office skills
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances
• Regular evening/weekend work where you may be required to travel to events in line with the IMG Events portfolio.
• Outside of event travel, there may be a requirement to travel to offsite meetings as part of the role.
Key Results Areas
• Contributions to a portfolio of US focused Arts & Entertainment, which could include but not limited to exhibitions, culinary and music festivals, touring events and others.
• Work efficiently and collaboratively with internal teams (Creative Services, Endeavor Analytics) to drive projects in a timely manner
• Support and manage a Director level employee.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world's diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual ori
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2ynn-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.