Full Time Job
Travel Consultant, Marshall University
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionTHE ROLE
The Account Manager will work on campus at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia, and will be responsible for managing the travel arrangements for campus, faculty, and staff for Marshall University. In the role, you will book domestic, international, and group travel using the Sabre reservations system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book domestic and international reservations for air, car and hotel using the Sabre GDS.
• Maintain and promote professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
• Protect each University's data, and actively comply with the Company's PCI standards.
• Promote the University's travel program policies, negotiated contracts, and preferred vendors. Apply discount programs appropriately.
• Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
• Remain informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs.
• Remain informed of grant travel guidelines including Fly America Act.
• Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to productivity.
• Must be able to work under the stress of and meet ticketing deadlines.
• Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
• Must be able to take direction, and be professional while working in client's office.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 4 + years travel consultant experience using the Sabre GDS to include group and international travel.
• Knowledge of general office PC-based programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to work independently in a client's office, while being a part of a team.
As the leading experiences company in the world, we strive to be the most innovative and passionate - the best of the best. We uphold these values in our quest for excellence:
• Exceed all service expectations with our customers, partners, and each other.
• Create value by enriching people's lives.
• Do the right thing and bring others along with us - always.
• Propel the power of diversity in thought, team and experience.
• Partner to generate win-win solutions.
• Ignite and empower our team's entrepreneurial spirit.
• Exude respect and gratitude - treat others as you want to be treated.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, and 401k plan.
On Location is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkn4n0-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.