Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships (for major client)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for leading the sale of brand partnership opportunities for major IMG client's North American assets (Team USA, events and league)
• Work closely with the Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, the Senior Vice President & MD of North America as well as the client, SVP of Commercial Development (for the client).
• In partnership with the team, develop a GTM strategy which unlocks the significant commercial potential in the territory, maximising sales and achieving the revenue targets set
• Work closely with Sales Operations to research industries most relevant to client's purpose driven, technology enabled entertainment product, targeting brands with a clearly articulated value proposition that demands attention
• In partnership with the IMG Strategic Partnerships team in North America and the wider Endeavor network, build and manage a pipeline of sales opportunities, effectively connecting with senior decision makers from target brands and existing IMG and Endeavor clients
• As the subject matter expert internally for North America, evangelise the brand, build relationships and support colleagues with developing outreach materials which leverage Endeavor's comprehensive reach
• Leverage IMG's in-house creative team to deliver compelling pitches supported by a thoroughly researched, data driven business case, innovative partnership marketing campaigns and activations
• Prioritise those opportunities which deliver the greatest revenue potential, driving the sales process through the pipeline through to contract, leveraging any and all resources across IMG and client.
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc.
• Regular weekend work where you may be required to travel to events in line with the Event portfolio
• Outside of event travel there will be a requirement to travel for meetings as part of the role.
Key Results Areas
• To successfully grow the commercial revenue streams across sponsorship
• To deliver the agreed growth target identified as part of the project.
• To foster a positive working relationship with the key principals at the client
• To ensure the IMG media and events division is seen as best in class by the team and the client.
Your Career at IMG
As a senior member of the Events Division, you will have access to development tools including the Events Leadership Academy and the Events Mentoring scheme to support your career and personal development with IMG.
Knowledge and Experience
• An extensive network of senior client relationships across North America
• Demonstrable experience of developing high value, consultative, solution focused marketing programmes for mature and/or niche properties
• Relevant experience selling technology and sustainability focused propositions an advantage
• Understanding of Sailing is a nice to have, but not a must
• Capable of thinking creatively with a commercially driven, entrepreneurial mindset
• Demonstrable experience of building, managing and prioritising a pipeline to deliver effective results with a personal track record of leveraging referrals, developing leads and securing meetings with prospective partners to close deals
• Demonstrates knowledge of accurate forecasting and revisiting business plans regularly
• Experience initiating and driving sales with limited hands-on guidance
• Can demonstrate experience of responding to brand needs, producing tailored propositions to suit the needs of individual companies
• A thorough understanding of the end to end sales process and the customer buying process (including awareness of the emotional connections required by brands)
• Experience in effective storytelling of partnership opportunities to and engagement of senior and c-level executives and targeted companies and brands
• Proven experience of sales in a fast-paced business, having both initiated and executed high value sales in either a B2B or B2C environment
• Proven track record of successful client relationships and strategic account management/engagement
• Ability to travel up 25% of the time.
Skills & Abilities
• An effective leader with strong people management skills and ability to excel in a fast paced environment
• Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to build long lasting working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to self-direct and motivate and work with minimal supervision
• A strong team player that is flexible dependent on business demand
• Excellent time management skills, ability to work calmly under pressure whilst meeting deadlines
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise
• Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills with the confidence to create leads in person and on the phone
• Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Strong decision making and awareness of the need for involvement of legal, finance and senior teams at the appropriate stages
• Ability to monitor own and team performance at regular intervals and develop alternative strategies if sales plan/own goals are not being achieved
• Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment and keep focussed on objectives and bigger picture
• Navigates through customer politics
• Handles objections to win trust and business
• Sells business values and negotiates for success
• Ability to recognise and overcome attitudes, beliefs and emotional blocks that create resistance to change, which alters level of participation because of an emotional point of view
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm96y2-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.