Fox TV Stations
New York, NY
Frieze is seeking a commercially focused Media Sales Coordinator to join them in their New York office.
At Frieze we believe art is vital to communities and cultures. Bringing together galleries, artists, institutions, and art lovers all over the world to make art flourish.
Frieze is a media and events company that comprises three publications, frieze magazine, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week; and five international art fairs, Frieze London, Frieze LA, Frieze New York, Frieze Seoul (launching September 2022) and Frieze Masters; regular talks and summits, led by frieze editors; and frieze.com – the definitive resource for contemporary art and culture.
In addition, this October, Frieze will launch No.9 Cork Street, a hub for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG network.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Generate new leads and sell media across Frieze platforms (print, digital, sponsored content, listings, and any new product launches) to commercial and non-profit arts galleries, institutions and museums.
• Support the US Head of Media Sales in growing revenue from US galleries, institutions and museums across Frieze platforms
• Support the US Head of Media Sales in developing new sales opportunities for galleries, institutions and museums across Frieze's platforms.
• Provide support for Media Sales & Partnerships including (but not limited to) managing
• contact database
• ad bookings, artwork delivery
• market research
• digital campaign reporting and analytics
• weekly sales reports
• client presentation design
• enews announcements
• event invitations
• Manage promotions, media partnerships, and organize promotional events for prospective clients as needed
• Visit clients in person (when safe) both in New York and with international travel to other art world events
Key Results Areas
• Successfully securing new business revenue and repeat business from existing clients
• Building a data base of new regular advertisers for frieze magazines and our digital offerings
Knowledge and Experience
You are self-motivated and enthusiastic. You are hardworking with excellent organizational skills. You thrive off the competition and reward of winning a client or sale. You are a strategic communications thinker. You are curious about art and culture and love new experiences. You are a team player.
Skills and Abilities
• Proven sales experience required
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• Proven experience managing clients and accounts
• An eye for detail and an understanding of strict deadlines
• Interest in the art world essential
• Knowledge of Google analytics and Adobe Products
• Ability to speak additional language(s) a plus
• Previous experience working in the arts
• Strong contacts with galleries, museums and institutions in New York and across the US
• A proven ability to sell advertising
• A strong understanding of print and digital advertising formats
• An interest in the art world
• Gallery contacts in New York and across the USA
• This is a permanent position
• Please note, we are operating on a remote working setup until lockdown restrictions have been lifted. Thereafter, the role will be based in Soho, New York
• Working hours are on average 40 hours per week
• May be required to attend (and travel to) locations, including other Endeavor and IMG buildings and meeting locations
• Attending events, gallery openings and occasional travel may be required outside of business hours
• Unsocial hours, dictated as and when by the demands of the business schedule
• Adapting to the use of new systems and technology where appropriate
Our Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Frieze unites people in our love of the arts. We understand this can only be accomplished when we harness the entirety of our company and lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we are committed to practicing anti-discrimination including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability, together with artists, writers, and cultural practitioners from all backgrounds. There is still much work to be done to address systemic inequality and discrimination within the arts and culture industry, and we are dedicated to making progress to both within our own organization and the art world at large.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5nm9-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.