Director Of Customer Success
• The Manager, Employee Relations will join our newly created Employee Relations team whose core function is to provide consultative and investigation services to aid in the resolution of workplace concerns. Reporting to the VP, Employee Relations, the Manager, Employee Relations will play a key role in supporting the internal investigation process, including providing recommendations on investigation outcomes, performance management discussions and company separations. They will collaborate with business leaders as well as the internal HR team on policies, programs and performance decisions. The role will rely on company policies, applicable employment laws and standard investigation methodologies to contribute to advancing a more inclusive, accessible and equitable environment for employees.
• Establish credibility and rapport with employees at all levels.
• Contribute to the success of standing up a new centralized, global function dedicated to a standardized and inclusive Employee Relations experience for employees and managers.
• Conduct and document a variety of Human Resources investigations across multiple business units, gathering relevant facts and presenting your findings in an efficient, detailed and professional manner to key stakeholders.
• Work in partnership with the VP, Employee Relations, global HR Business Partners, employment lawyers and other stakeholders throughout the investigation process as appropriate.
• Record investigations in case management system in a timely manner and ensure investigation records are updated appropriately after investigation milestones.
• Provide support and direction to the business partner community and other internal teams by providing policy guidance and interpretation including policies and practices related to disciplinary actions, performance, compliance, and other matters.
• Use data and analytics to identify trends and challenges, predict and mitigate risk, and exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop persuasive narratives and recommendations.
• Design and maintain HR investigation tools, resources and training modules, aimed at streamlining the investigation process and instituting HR investigative best practices that are consistent across the enterprise.
• Ensure compliance with the corporation's ethical standards and examine any non-compliance issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE and PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• Bachelor's degree
• 4+ years employee relations experience
• 2+ years experience managing detailed, factual and complex employee investigations in a corporate environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and fact gathering skills
• Experience in building relationships with key stakeholders and collaborating to resolve escalated concerns across all business segments and locations
• Demonstrated experience using ER case management systems
• Proficiency in analyzing, manipulating and reporting out on ER investigation data
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
• Illustrated ability to deliver on priorities and leverage data to identify trends, gaps, and development/training opportunities
• Solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment and sound decision-making
• Ability to maneuver in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and able to pivot quickly through ambiguity and constant change
• Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of business areas
• Skilled in MS Excel, Word, SharePoint & PowerPoint; curious about new learning technologies
• Demonstrated experience managing HR investigations with high level of confidentiality
• Advanced HR knowledge, and general knowledge of employment laws and HR investigation best practices.
• Experience/working knowledge of Workday a plus
• Experience with Convercent a plus
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqjj4-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.