Digital Production Assistant, Homepage
New York, NY
Role: Legal Coordinator- Non Scripted
Location: New York, New York
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''Just Mercy'' and ''Peanut Butter Falcon,'' television series ''See'' and ''Killing Eve,'' the podcast ''Blackout,'' Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special, and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
• Negotiating and drafting various agreements (including, but not limited to shopping, writer, producer, performer, consultant and director agreements).
• Providing production legal support and oversight for a variety of Non-Scripted projects (including documentary, talk show, reality, live event programming, etc.)
• Corresponding with internal creative/business partners and external stakeholders regarding legal and production matters.
• Overseeing the workflow tracking for a fast-paced Non-Scripted business and legal affairs group working across Non-Scripted development, production, and sales.
• Managing a large volume of transactions.
• Works with creative and production finance departments to provide information on a regular basis.
• Working with creative and production finance departments to track rights and projects.
• Tracking and analyzing production legal workflow
• Experience working in a business affairs department, legal affairs department, entertainment law firm and/or entertainment company is a plus.
• 1-2 years' legal experience.
• Strong drafting, negotiation, communication, and organizational skills; experience drafting and negotiating all manner of contracts for development, production, and finance deals; familiarity with production legal, rights management, clearance issues, and ability to handle copyright and trademark matters.
• JD and New York and/or CA bar admission are required
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.