Director, Production Health and Safety
Beverly Hills, CA
Role: HR Manager
Reports to: Head of Human Resources, Endeavor Content
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''Just Mercy'' and ''Peanut Butter Falcon,'' television series ''See'' and ''Killing Eve,'' the podcast ''Blackout,'' Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special, and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
Endeavor Content is looking for an HR Manager to be the point of contact for all Human Resources and Employee Relations matters for EC's on/off-set Physical Production operations. The HR Manager will work closely with internal teams such as Physical Production, Safety, Security, Employment Legal, Production Finance and Business Affairs to provide support to a production client base that includes Executive Producers, Line Producers, Heads of departments, cast, and crew.
• Provides guidance and advice to Production Executives in handling day-to-day production concerns. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as federal & state laws. Respond to employee inquiries regarding policy interpretation and serve as a liaison between production, Production Executives and the corporate team.
• In conjunction with the Diversity & Inclusion team, ensures that all HR practices are reviewed with a D&I lens and that all processes are cohesive
• Determines how to handle and escalate employee relation matters for employees and work closely with Physical Production Executives, Head of Human Resources, and Business Affairs team to determine next step actions.
• Partners with the recruitment team to ensure that the production teams' staffing needs are met
• Adhere to and ensure HR policies are effectively implemented and administered. Gather information re: organizational perspective and impact when needed. Create efficient processes.
• In conjunction with employment attorneys, assist with scheduling and tracking training sessions for employees on the topics of employment practices and compliance.
• Present oral and/or written comprehensive updates regarding findings and investigation status to Head of HR, Employment Legal, and other Studio Partners (i.e, Labor Relations, Studio Protection Group, etc.)
• Demonstrable ability to deal with confidential information with discretion
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills required, along with comprehensive understanding of applicable State/Federal employment laws to help guide and interpret general business practices
• Previous experience with labor unions strongly preferred
• Convey excellent executive presence, project management, and presentation abilities in corporate and production environments, for both internal and external clients
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives
• Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills required
• Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
• Must have ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities
• Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
• Media/Broadcast/Cable/Production experience preferred
• Experience with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP HRIS preferred
• Sense of humor appreciated, quick thinking and approachable nature needed
• Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced but rewarding environment
• Minimum 5 years Human Resources
• Media entertainment experience or previous entertainment/studio experience strongly preferred
• Must be able to demonstrate operative knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures
• Must be able to exhibit knowledge of federal/state/local laws governing employment issues (i.e. FEHA, ADA, FMLA, wage and hour laws, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.