Designer, Advertising / Promotion
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Work with guidance from Director, to drive and develop the IMG Fashion agenda.
• Develop and maintain solid understanding of the fashion businesses and functions to provide advice and support on any issues to managers.
• Partner with Director on employee relations matters, including internal investigations, succession planning, performance management and terminations as needed.
• Provide information and guidance to Managers on all stages of the performance management process.
• Liaise with HR Operations and Learning & Organizational Development teams with respect to on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
• Work proactively with managers and employees to resolve informal grievance issues – escalating to formal process as appropriate. Conflict resolution where appropriate.
• Partner with HRBPs, Finance and Recruitment teams on staffing/headcount and reporting.
• Manage the exit interview process for junior and mid-level employees, identifying trends and elevating feedback as appropriate.
• Manage and perform Workday transactions, including processing terminations, job changes, and promotions as needed.
• Work closely with the HR Operations team to ensure that all administrative processes and protocols are followed.
• Provide information and guidance to managers and employees with respect to all leave and absence issues.
• Work collaboratively with the Recruitment team and managers to ensure that resourcing plans are in place for any recruitment needs.
• You may also be required to carry out any other duties and ad hoc projects which are within the scope and purpose of the job.
Key Results Areas
• Overseeing and managing employee documentation, meeting and maintaining departmental standards and project deadlines
• Able to work with a variety of personalities and develop strong effective working relationships within the IMG businesses and functions and with other members of the HR team, in a confident and proactive manner
• Providing recommendations on how processes and workflows can be improved
Knowledge and Experience
• Previous HR Coordinator or Associate experience in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working in a global organization
• Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Experience conducting interviews for junior-level candidates
• Sound knowledge and understanding of key US employment legislation
• Experience working with an agency, the fashion industry or talent representation a plus
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Should be an articulate with ability to draft clear, fluent, grammatically accurate and concise written communications
• Should be competent using Microsoft Office Packages specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience and familiarity with an HR HCM system
• Experience with Workday is preferable, but training will be provided
• Able to work with a variety of personalities and develop strong effective working relationships within the corporate businesses and functions, and with other members of the HR team, in a confident and proactive manner
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to adapt style and approach to fit the situation
• Client focused and flexible in approach; should be able to respond and adapt to change.
• Highly motivated, with an enthusiasm for and interest in how HR must support and contribute to the business
• Able to work to tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment while maintaining appropriate service levels, prioritizing workload and developing and maintaining systems
• Strong team player and able to recognize when help is required
• Meticulous attention to detail
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r716w8-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.