New York, NY
Our story began in 2004 with one mission – to define the future of video delivery – and today, that mission continues. We set out to change how sports and entertainment is delivered and consumed by viewers. In doing so, we have become one of the leading global streaming providers specializing in the broadcasting, distribution and monetization of live and on-demand digital content to any device imaginable. Endeavor Streaming is continually innovating to create immersive, high-quality video experiences for every end-user globally.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world's most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.
The EVP of Operations is a key member of the Endeavor Streaming Executive team. The EVP of Operations is responsible for all live and VOD media operations and serves as the executive escalation point for customer support. This role is responsible for owning and driving quality improvement of the video delivery experience across all parts of our platform. The ideal candidate has a background in all elements of video workflow technology from content ingestion to end user delivery as well as strong project & customer management experience.
This position will require a leader with a strong blend of business management and technical skills in order to meet the business's objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example. As one of our senior most leaders, this position will also require the ability to establish and grow strong customer relationships, ensuring that our clients are receiving exceptionally thoughtful, proactive, and thorough service from our team.
The EVP of Operations provides oversight to a diverse group of NOC staff, support engineers, project managers, live operations & customer support executives, system and network administrators in multiple locations. This position provides guidance and support for a highly technical pool of resources, and requires knowledge unique to data center environments, including server and network virtualization, physical infrastructure, cloud architecture, data storage, and security operations. This role is suited for a hands-on technically adept person with experience architecting and operating highly reliable and scalable solutions.
• Provides expertise and guidance to the President to establish Endeavor Streaming's overall company strategic direction.
• Provides management and supervision of his direct reports and their teams.
• Serve as executive leader for day-to-day VOD and live streaming operations and media delivery and primary point of escalation for client service issues.
• Oversee live streaming operations and customer support teams for all client events, including active monitoring of performance during marquee events.
• Collaborate with product, technical, and operational teams to determine business and technical requirements for new product delivery as it pertains to video streaming and media delivery.
• Assess and recommend emerging technologies as appropriate to support ongoing and future development efforts for Endeavor Streaming's roadmap.
• Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans for staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with Endeavor Streaming's business plan and vision.
• Own relationship with key technical vendors ensuring partners meet deliverables and drive cost efficiencies wherever possible.
• Establishes, communicates and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
• Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates and staffing requirements for projects.
• Establishes and administers the department's budget.
• Attract (hire and grow), retain, and develop the team per the needs of the business.
IDEAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering or other industry-related field preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of video delivery and workflows.
• Advanced knowledge of cloud-first operating environments.
• Advanced knowledge of media formats on mobile, tablet, desktop, and OTT devices.
• A deep understanding of network scalability, reliability, redundancy, video viewer QoS.
• Knowledge of live acquisition and OTT distribution workflows for live events and linear channels.
• Able to quickly identify and resolve issues in a live production environment.
• Global mindset, with acute awareness of time zone issues and other cultural sensitivities.
• Positive attitude, highly motivated, and able to easily build relationships across multiple functions and business units.
• Capable of managing cross-functional teams, communicating with all levels of management while making decisions and solving problems while working under pressure.
• Proactive, hands-on, and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines, meeting and producing results.
• Ability to provide technical leadership in driving architecture, technical trade-offs, and driving best design practices.
• Experience evaluating and refining operations procedures, including process documentation, system operating and training materials.
• Experience leading a technical operations team providing exceptional user support and repeatable customer implementation and operation.
• Understand the underlying principles, processes, enabling tools and technologies for systems management, network management, and security management.
• 15+ years of relevant professional experience in target-date driven environments preferably in the - Television/Broadcast, Digital/Media, Technology, or related industry.
• 10+ years of higher management level experience.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.