Executive Assistant, EVP Chief Research & Analytics Officer
CBS Television Network
New York, NY
As the Director, Business Development & Partnerships in our Sports Division at WME, your primary goal will be to strategize, source, negotiate, and service athlete deals on behalf of our agency's clients – specifically our collegiate NIL athletes across all sports.
On a daily basis we speak to brands directly, ad agencies, and to third party talent brokers to discuss ways we can partner our talent with brands to the benefit of both. These partnerships include traditional advertising campaigns (TV commercials and Print), licensing, and non-traditional forms of advertising and marketing outreach such as PR campaigns, brand sponsored personal appearances, digital content and social media.
III. Essential Functions:
• Originate, direct, develop and implement marketing schemes, methods, and strategies through the use of our existing client roster
• Develop, manage and nurture new business partnerships to accomplish revenue goals
• Effectively communicate and present research to key stakeholders (agents and clients) across the organization and provide strategies to target new opportunities
• Possess and present a solid understanding and track record of developing sound marketing strategies and opportunities that drive revenue
• Act as a representative for an athlete when negotiating a new contract, contract extensions, or endorsement signings
• Review market trends and the latest contract signings, make offers and counteroffers
• Explain contract details to players while keeping the athlete's best interests in focus
• Oversee Player Marketing and Promotional Strategies
• Assess and Sign New Talent
• Scout/assess new talent and contact players seeking representation
V. Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of equivalent experience within the sports, media and sales landscape
• Proven experience leading and negotiating commercial sales opportunities
• Thorough understanding of data analytics, marketing and brand enhancement
• Stay atop of brand needs and opportunities
• Work closely with existing agents to explore and capitalize on client marketing opportunities
• Comprehensive understanding of established and emerging social platforms, and the tactics required to influence audience these platforms
• Showcase intimate knowledge of marketing strategies and idea generation, to partner negotiations to program execution and ROI measurement
VII. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Broad knowledge of marketing, sales principles and practices, in sports, media and entertainment
• Strong relationships with senior level executives across brands and agencies
• Ability to create and develop innovative marketing ideas which directly support the achievement of brand awareness and client revenue goals
• Effective communicator who has proven selling and relationship skills with internal and external constituents at all levels
• Must have strategic agility, organizational ability, and successful track record for building effective relationships
• Must have analytical, planning and decision-making skills along with demonstrated fiscal responsibility and business ethics
• Forward thinking and strategic mindset are a must
• Demonstrated success developing and launching innovative marketing ideas, driving brand consideration and preference using different marketing vehicles (TV, print, digital, social media, experiential, promotions, etc.)
• Creative mind, well versed in shepherding big ideas, ideally has been involved in developing and producing branded awareness
• Ability to demonstrate a unique approach to problem solving with a business, brand and consumer lens
• Demonstrated ability to understand and activate concepts/programs cross-functionally
• Proven ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp3en-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.