The WME Business Affairs Department supports the agents at WME by utilizing the law, contracts and business judgment to help agents make the best deals for their clients. We also manage the contractual relationships between the company's clients and buyers, and advise company executives in effectively balancing business and legal risks.
We are seeking a coordinator to support the agents in the WME Books department. The ideal candidate has experience with publishing and related agreements in-house at a literary agency or publishing house and/or at a top law firm. This is a high-volume practice supporting literary agents, both domestically and internationally, who operate within tight timeframes and whose author clients include bestselling writers and media personalities with a wide range of literary properties. Candidate must be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented and thorough, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once, both independently and as a member of a busy team. This is an ideal position for recent law school graduates and those with an interest in the law.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Advising agents on acceptable deal terms, considering factors such as type of publication, market and precedent
• Managing, tracking, and processing Permissions requests by analyzing contracts for rights availability, negotiating clearance fees, and drafting licenses
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating magazine, audio and contribution agreements and licenses and other ancillary deal documents including amendments, assignments, reversions, terminations and authorization letters while sensitively and effectively coordinating communication with agents' offices
• Responding to contractual queries from agents and publishers
• Tracking contract and deal flow for the WME Books Business Affairs team
• Maintaining databases with relevant materials and information, including copies of fully-executed contracts, deal terms, precedent and tracking information
• Responding to contractual and client queries from WME Accounting
• Outstanding organizational and drafting skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable interaction with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced, time-pressured business environment
• Proactive and accountable; creative analytical thinking and problem-solving skills a must
• Upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly team-oriented approach to work and ability to work independently and autonomously
• Strong work ethic
• Experience at a literary agency, publisher or media company a plus
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wnqe-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.