The WME Business Affairs group supports the agents at WME by utilizing the law, contracts and business judgment to help agents make the best deals for their clients. We also manage contractual relationships between the company and its clients, and advise company executives in effectively balancing business and legal risks.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a qualified candidate to provide assistance in reviewing, trafficking and negotiating contracts for the Business Affairs team that supports the literary agents of WME Books in New York. Entertainment industry experience and experience in an in-house corporate legal department or transactional law firm would be a plus, but not required. Must be hard-working, detail-oriented, personable and able to manage a high-volume deal load in a fast-paced environment. This is an ideal position for recent law school graduates and those with an interest in the law.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Heavy contract administration
• Maintain contract precedent logs
• Interact with agents, agency clients and internal/external executives
• Organize and maintain files and deal logs
• Other duties as assigned
• J.D. preferred but not required
• Administrative experience supporting an executive strongly preferred
• Interest in entertainment law a plus
• Exceptional oral and written communications
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Exceptional grammar and proofreading skills
• Ability to work with all levels of employees and clients
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proactive and accountable; problem-solving skills a must
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines with accuracy
• Upbeat temperament, flexibility and adaptability as new responsibilities are assigned
Per local requirements and in the interest of transparency, the range shown below reflects the prevalent current hiring range for this position. Hiring pay rates are based on a number of factors, including location and may vary depending on job-related qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience. Endeavor strives to provide locally competitive rewards packages, which include base rate along with, as applicable, short- and long-term incentives, growth and developmental opportunities, and robust benefits, such as health care, retirement, vacation and other paid time off, and additional offerings.
Hiring Range Minimum:
Hiring Range Maximum:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03vj1-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.