Administrative Assistant, New Growth
New York, NY
The Harry Walker Agency, the World's Leading Speakers Agency, is seeking a coordinator/account executive to join our team. This person will serve as the liaison between our Speakers' offices and the organizations hosting the speaking engagements. The account executive is responsible for organizing and coordinating all details associated with the execution of the Speaker's appearance and leading up to the event. This person must be detail oriented, a proactive problem solver, organized with a professional demeanor and great personality.
The candidate should have at least 3 years work experience in scheduling or event planning. This person will need to have excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, have a calm and professional manner and be willing to travel as requested.
• Develop professional relationships with Speakers and their offices
• Work with internal departments [ex: sales, contracts, accounting and marketing] to ensure Speaker and Host satisfaction, clear understanding of expectations as well as accurate and timely billing of all travel expenses
• Arrange and organize travel details for Speakers and staff coordinating with vendors, host organizations and the Speakers' offices
• Prepare thorough event briefing materials for Speakers' offices
• Develop and follow project timelines from Speakers' acceptance of the engagement to event day, including all marketing and promotions relating to the event.
• Ensuring Speakers are taken care of from the moment they leave home to the moment they return and that the events run smoothly for both the Speaker and the host's perspective
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years work experience
• Background in event planning and travel logistics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Superb organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Ability to negotiate and find creative solutions
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Creative thinking and a positive, can-do attitude under pressure a must!
• Strong computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel. CRM database experience is helpful but not required as is twitter and other social media knowledge
• Ability to travel 5-10% of the time or as needed.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkk85-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.