Account Directors are the rock stars that make our agency go. Dynamic and creatively-focused, Account Directors at 160over90 must thrive in a fast paced environment, be self-motivated and hardworking with a true passion for creative problem solving. Drawing on your substantial career experience, you will courageously lead the team in developing marketing plans and creative work, while forging high-level client relationships.
The Account Director is the most senior account person assigned to a group of accounts and dedicated to the long-term delivery of work and generation of results. They partner with Creative Directors to identify client needs, develop long-term work plans, determine solutions to client business challenges, and manage client contracts. Account Directors drive high-level client conversations, lead strategy development, and identify ways to retain and grow their book of business business.
They are responsible for staffing, professional development, and mentorship of an account team whose goal is the long-term management of client relationships and renewals of contracts. You'll also oversee a team of Account Supervisors and Account Executives to develop long-term planning documents, lead client meetings, and author creative briefs and other strategy documents to guide our internal teams. They drive strategic thinking on behalf of the client's business goals, and are the client voice in the internal development of creative executions against that strategy.
• Persuasion Skills: Can confidently present a CMO-level deck-able to think on his/her feet, redirect when necessary and answer questions confidently. Can command a room. Can comfortably go off script. Can persuade through a combination of thoughtful logic and emotion.
• Business and Category Acumen: Leads the account management team in creating innovative marketing solutions in a clear and smart manner. Can lead development of strategy to address the problem we are solving.
• Developing People: Establishes the work ethic expectation. Challenges, inspires and hold team accountable for great work. Understands and manages for their strengths and weaknesses. Develops growth plans, monitors progress and provides timely feedback. Actively participates and coach's individuals with clarity and momentum.
• Inspiration and Direction: Acts as the energizer that sparks team motivation toward success. Recognizes the dynamics of a highly charged, creatively driven advertising agency. Knows how to smooth out frayed edges while respecting emotions. Fosters a positive work environment with maturity and good judgment.
• Creative Advocacy: Takes a leadership role in fostering an atmosphere that encourages the pursuit of big ideas. Can diplomatically push the creative envelope while keeping a knowing eye on where the boundaries lay. Guides the development of a sell-through strategy in partnership with Strategy and Creative teams, pre-conditions the client, and protects the big idea once sold.
• Critical Thinking, Both Intuitive and Analytical: Is comfortable with data-can dig and tell a story in several ways. Asks the right probing questions.
• Idea Catalyst: Guides the team on areas to be explored. Knows when we are on to something and can galvanize the group around it. Helps pre-sell and pave the way by refining ideas into a more formalized POV to be shared internally or externally.
• Business Intelligence and Growth: Consistently demonstrate ability to grow client business and agency revenue. Plans and leads all contract renewals and opportunistic proposals.
Experience Required: 8-10+ years of relevant experience
Reports To: Group Account Director
Direct Reports: Account Supervisors and Account Executives (approximately 1-2)
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97vxk-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.