World Artist - Temporary
At Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, we are building the AAA studio of tomorrow. Our Los Angeles-based game studio is dedicated to creating community-first experiences powered by cutting-edge technology and genre-defining innovation. We welcome artists of all levels and backgrounds to join us either in-studio or fully remote as we build the next great Battlefield experience.
Our Values: Transparency, and curiosity are of the utmost importance to us. The best artists are 'forever students,' and it's important that our devs grow in their crafts, discover new paths, and push one another towards mastery. We reach excellence through tireless iteration and we are looking for developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio's creativity.
We are looking for a world artist like you to help us craft the most realistic and exciting game worlds in the industry. This is a year-long contract role that will report to our Art Line Manager, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates within the US or Canada to apply.
• Build playable worlds using real world topography data.
• Create a variety of 3D models (architecture, foliage, props) from photo references and concept art.
• Partner with designers to support game modes, player encounter needs, and narrative elements
• Conduct field trips to capture reference photography and scans (photogrammetry)
• Refine art assets and help solve performance issues.
• Maintain world art confluence pages to ensure workflows and best practices are up to date
Skills We Look For:
• Understanding of how layout, lighting and color, and affect gameplay.
• Sense of scene composition with a focus on vast, yet readable playspaces.
• Excellent technical ability with a thoughtful understanding of Maya, Blender or similar 3D modeling software.
• Experience working with physically based rendering pipelines.
• Knowledge of terrain and landscape generators such as World Machine, World Creator, or similar software.
• Experience pushing asset fidelity and refining production techniques.
• Strong planning
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio/show reel.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3ww1n-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.